Universitat Rovira i Virgili

Access and admission to Bsc. in Chemistry for students from educational systems of EU member states, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or China, including International Bachelor, and residents in EU.




Application and admission procedure

Students in this group do not need to obtain official recognition of their secondary school studies or sit the university entrance exam (PAU in Spanish) for foreigners in order to enrol at a Spanish university, provided they meet all the necessary academic requirements to enrol at university in their education system of origin.

The following types of students are eligible for this means of admission: students from the education systems of other EU member states, students from the Swiss, Andorran, Icelandic, Norwegian, Liechtenstein and Chinese education systems, and students holding a European or International Baccalaureate diploma.

Students who choose to apply by this means may not apply by any other means in the same academic year. Likewise, this means of admission is not available to students who have already enrolled at a Spanish university in the past. 

If you want to apply for studying the Bsc. in Chemistry taught entirely in English or taught in Catalan/Spanish you should follow the following steps:

1. Obtain the credential for admission to Spanish universities. For any doubt, please contact with the URV academic management department to the address undergraduate.admission(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat Tf: +34 977 55 95 12.

If you want to improve the qualification obtained in the credential, there are two options:

1.1. You can do the specific phase of the exam to access to the university (PAU) at any university in Spain. In the case of Catalonia, you can find the calendar about the registration for these tests in the website Canal Universitats. You will find information on subjects to improve your access mark for admission to public universities of Catalonia in the next weighting parameters table of the Government of the Generality of Catalonia.

1.2. You can do the PCE (tests of specific skills) at UNED.

2. Submit the university entrance application. Please, revise carefully the application dates. University Admissions Office

For any doubt, please contact with the URV academic management department undergraduate.admission(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat Tf: +34 977 55 95 12.

3. Enrolment

If you have been accepted for studying at URV, you need to start to prepare the visa, book your accommodation in Tarragona, buy your flight and pay your tuition fee upon arrival. For this process, we strongly recommend you to purchase the Enrolment and welcome package (see tuition fees).


   Language requirements

   Accreditation of level B2 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in the language required for the course. Applicants who have taken the Baccalaureate studies in the language required for the course applied for will be exempt from submitting this accreditation.

   How to accreditate the level B2?

English: official Cambridge certificates (FCE or higher), with results of 6.0 at IELTS or 100 at TOEFL (iBT), will be accepted, among others. Optionally, the results of internationally recognised evaluation tests for access to higher education (SAT, ACT or similar).