Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
OTHER BACHELOR DEGREES
- Professional development in industry
- Genetic, Physical and Chemical Forensics
- NUTRItion and METABOLISM
- Applied Chromatographic Techniques
Biochemistry is the study of life at the molecular level, that is the chemical components and reactions occurring in organisms. The goal of the degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is to train professionals with capacity to apply all the learned knowledge to solve global needs related to health, aging and nutrition, among others.
Non-Spanish speakers under mobility exchange programs are welcome to enrol our several laboratory courses. Also our academic program includes 12 ECTS of practical training to be performed in a Research Group of the Faculty or in an industry. Our Research Groups are therefore used to host students of Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar degrees to perform a Research project.
> Biochemistry and molecular biology allow us to understand the functioning of living organisms and to improve our quality of life.
Why with us?
- 1. We offer the only Degree in Biochemistry in Catalonia that, in addition to being accredited with excellence, certifies an interaction between research and excellent teaching given by the Agency for the Quality Assurance of the Catalan University System.
- 2. URV is the best university to study Biochemistry in Spain, according to the U-ranking 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 (BBVA foundation and IVE).
- 3. You will join the Campus of International Excellence Southern Catalonia, an international model of knowledge, research and competitiveness in the areas of Health and Nutrition.
- 4. You will be able to be trained in internationally recognised companies and research centres related to the areas of food, cosmetics or water treatment, among others.
- 5. You will have access to exchange programs with other universities and companies around the world.