The academic programs of the degrees offered by the Faculty of Chemistry are planned so that students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for research work. This research training is directly related to the relevant research activity carried out by the professors who teach at the Faculty of Chemistry. Furthermore, the faculty considers an added value to train students in the latest advances in science and technology, either for their later enrolment to the industrial field or to pursue a doctoral program after obtaining a Master's degree.
The URV is among the 401-500 universities in the world according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 and the 76th according to the Young University Rankings 2017 for those aged less than 50 years. In the field of Chemistry, the URV is among the 201-300 worldwide according to the Shanghai Ranking 2017 and the 314th in the field of biomedical sciences according to the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2016.
The Bachelor's degrees in Chemistry, and in Biochemistry and molecular biology, the Master's degrees in Synthesis, catalysis and molecular design, and in Nutrition and Metabolism are accredited for the added achievement of "Research-teaching linkages" with the distinction of "Excellent" by AQU (the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency). This quality label indicates that our institution actively promotes its academic programs to include the professors' research in a particular area of knowledge with the aim of improving the training and the academic results of the students These are the only degrees from universities in these areas that have received the highest quality label in Catalonia.
> Professors and researchers
- The professors of the Faculty of Chemistry participate in many state and European research projects integrated in consolidated research groups and recognized by the Government of Catalonia.
- Molecular Bioactivity of Foods (MoBioFood)
- Chromatography. Environmental applications (CROMA)
- Physics and Crystallography of Materials (FiCMA)
- Catalytic Materials in Green Chemistry (GreenCat)
- Methodology of Educational Research with Social Impact (MEDIS)
- Organometallics and Homogeneous Catalysis (OMICH)
- Sustainable Polymers
- Digital Signal Processing in Aerospace and Biomedical Environments (SPABE)
- Quantum Chemistry
- Cheminformatics and Nutrition
- Chemometrics, Qualimetrics and Nanosensors
- Stereoselective Organic Chemistry and Carbohydrate Chemistry (SINTCARB)