The academic programs of the degrees offered by the Faculty of Chemistry are planned so that students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for research work. This research training is directly related to the relevant research activity carried out by the professors who teach at the Faculty of Chemistry. Furthermore, the faculty considers an added value to train students in the latest advances in science and technology, either for their later enrolment to the industrial field or to pursue a doctoral program after obtaining a Master's degree.
The URV is among the 401-500 universities in the world according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019, and the 78th among universities under 50 according to the "Young University Rankings 2019". In the field of Chemistry, the URV is the first State University and the only one in the top 100 according to the Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2019, and the 251-300 in the world according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019 and Times Higher Education The World university rankings by subject 2020.In the field of Biosciences, the URV is among the 251-300 in the world according to the Times Higher Education The World university rankings by subject 2020.
The Bachelor's degrees in Chemistry, and in Biochemistry and molecular biology, the Master's degrees in Synthesis, catalysis and molecular design, and in Nutrition and Metabolism are accredited for the added achievement of "Research-teaching linkages" with the distinction of "Excellent" by AQU (the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency). This quality label indicates that our institution actively promotes its academic programs to include the professors' research in a particular area of knowledge with the aim of improving the training and the academic results of the students These are the only degrees from universities in these areas that have received the highest quality label in Catalonia.
> Professors and researchers
- The professors of the Faculty of Chemistry participate in many state and European research projects integrated in consolidated research groups and recognized by the Government of Catalonia.
- Catalytic Materials in Green Chemistry (GreenCat)
- Catalytic organoBoron Chemistry (CatBorChem)
- Cheminformatics and Nutrition
- Chemometrics, Qualimetrics and Nanosensors
- Chromatography. Environmental applications (CROMA)
- Digital Signal Processing in Aerospace and Biomedical Environments (SPABE)
- Innovation in Catalysis (inNCAT)
- Methodology of Educational Research with Social Impact (MEDIS)
- Molecular Bioactivity of Foods (MoBioFood)
- Physics and Crystallography of Materials (FiCMA)
- Quantum Chemistry
- Stereoselective Organic Chemistry and Carbohydrate Chemistry (SINTCARB)
- Sustainable Polymers