> We work towards excellence every day
- At the Faculty of Chemistry, we are constantly committed to being competitive and to becoming an international reference centre, contributing significantly to the field of chemistry and biochemistry through a process of continuous improvement.
- The Faculty of Chemistry, together with the Faculty of Tourism and Geography, were pioneering centres in the implementation of an Internal Quality Assurance System (IQAS) recognised by AQU Catalunya (the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency). Subsequently, this system was applied in other URV centres. In this context, the Faculty of Chemistry:
- ► It has defined its own Quality policy, approved by the Faculty Board on June 26th, 2009.
- ► It has designed and implemented the Internal Quality Assurance System (IQAS) , based on the continuous improvement cycle (Plan-Do-Check-Act).
- ► It has created the Monitoring and Teaching Quality Committee, which is key to evaluating academic results and making proposals to improve the implementation of the Bachelor's degrees and Master's degrees.
Below you can access the information related to the validation, monitoring, modification and accreditation of the official Bachelor's and Master's degrees offered by the Faculty of Chemistry:
The annual monitoring of our degrees allows us to carry out a global analysis, which is key to the improvement processes:
> Research, an integral part of teaching
- The degree in Chemistry, the degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, the master's degree in Synthesis, Catalysis and Molecular Design and the master's degree in Nutrition and Metabolism are accredited for the added achievement of "Research-teaching linkages" with the distinction of "Excellent". This quality label not only recognizes that teaching staff excel in research, but that this research also forms an integral part of their teaching.
> PAT, student orientation
- Our centre has designed and approved its Tutorial Action Plan (PAT), which defines the actions that will be carried out to provide students with the help and guidelines necessary to improve their integration into the University and their academic development.