Master's Degree in Applied Chromatographic Techniques
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN INDUSTRY
- GENETIC, PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL FORENSICS
- NUTRITION AND METABOLISM
- SYNTHESIS, CATALYSIS AND MOLECULAR DESIGN
The inter-university Master's Degree in Applied Chromatographic Techniques is organised by Universitat Rovira i Virgili in Tarragona, the Universitat de Girona Girona and the Research Institute of Pesticides and Universitat Jaume I in Castelló. The Master offers training in the chromatographic and sample treatment techniques, and makes special emphasis on practical learning and on the resolution of analytical problems. The lectures are taught in Spanish although all the teaching material is written in English.
An essential technique
- The master has as main objective to train students in ones of the most used techniques both in industries and laboratories of different fields of application. Thus, the master delves into the knowledge of chromatographic techniques, and especially into its coupling to the mass spectrometry, a technique that is essential in most laboratories.
- 1. To understand and apply the latest trends of chromatographic techniques and mass spectrometry, either in their fields of research and as methodologies, resources and problems to be addressed in various scientific and technical fields.
- 2. To take decisions based on the knowledge to organize, plan and develop analytical methods based on chromatographic techniques in order to resolve analytical problems in the fields of industrial, food and environmental, analysis, among others.
- 3. To analyze and judge the importance of quality management in a scientific environment of both industries as analytical laboratories, mainly from the practical point of view.